Thursday, September 4, 2008

Man.....time sure does fly by! My sis brought it to my attention I haven't posted anything for about two months!! It feels like it has been a really busy summer, but I don't know what I've really done! My sister Tiffany and her family are now home from Alaska!! We are excited about that! I've been so engrossed in politics lately....I had to watch the Democratic National Convention and now I'm trying to watch all of the Republican National Convention that I can!
This past weekend we went to the annual Putman/Mills family reunion.....I have to say I'm pretty much a sissy!! Cody was so excited to camp with Thayne and sleep in a tent! Well we went to bed, Thayne and I in a sleeping bag together and Cody in another. They both zonked out, but me....my back hurt on the hard ground and I was cold and I couldn't sleep and they were singing so loud around the fire and...O.K. I'll stop! Needless to say, we packed up at 10:30 p.m. and drove 2 hours back home! I was thinking about the pioneers the whole time and how tough they were and how I would have never had made it! Sorry to everyone for dogging out!
I just have to say I love this time of year and I love the smell of fall!

7 comments:

TinaBean said...

Yeah, a new post!

Ok, you did totally dog us at the reunion...you should have left Thayners in bed with Cody and joined in on the singing fun instead of leave camp! :). We missed you the next day playing dice.

I LOVE that I can feel fall creeping in too! I don't know if I'm ready for it to be cold though.

Jenn said...

Yeah, it's about time you made a new post. J/K! I can't believe you drove home that night. You are so funny! Sounds like you aren't a tent camper like my husband. You need a trailer to sleep in and you would probably enjoy it a lot better.

I'm excited for fall too, but not winter!!

Jordan and Barbara said...

You big wimp. What are you going to do when your son is old enough and wants to stay camping? J/K I hate sleeping on the ground.

Annika said...

haha This post made me laugh because I would have done the exact same thing! Actually, I probably never would have agreed to sleep over in the first place, so way to even try it out! I am glad that Tiff made it back. I want to come see her house sometime! I bet you and Tina are glad to have her back. Oh, and I still need the salad recipes that everyone wants if you have time to email them to me! Thanks so much again....you guys are the best!

Emily T. said...

Glad to see a new post. I really don't enjoy the camping thing either. Especially with babies. We need to see some new photos of Thayne.

TinaBean said...

TAG-you're it!

Emily T. said...

Hey Tracy, Eloise's birthday is the 23 of September. Maybe if you guys have a free night around then we could take her to dinner. We'll talk to you later about it.