Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Dad's tougher than your Dad!!!!

I think it was in middle school when my sister Tiffany and my cousin Kimberly sang "My dad's tougher than your dad" in the talent show!! I still remember it cause it was so cute! I was thinking about my dad and here are the top ten reasons my dad is the best!!

10. He is like an encyclopedia.....he knows everything! All of his kids are calling him constantly asking questions!! (I think my husband Cody gets annoyed at me cause I call my dad and double check him sometimes!) You can tell dad is a little irritated though, when he answers his cell phone and he is out of breath cause he is on a roof or a ladder! Sorry dad.

9. He has a great sense of humor!! He can find a bright side or something funny about any situation!

8. He gets along with everyone and people just love to be around him. Kids also love him!

7. He gives the best presents! He thinks and thinks and gives the best stuff. He spoiled us at Christmas when we were little (and still does)!

6. He's a great cook....some of his specialties are hamburgers, steaks, breakfast and dutch oven. Yummy!

5. He is a great speaker and teacher.

4. No matter where we are or what is going on, you always feel safe if he is around. Like nothing can happen to you!

3. He can live with our wonderful mom, and probably the one and only who can! J/K mom. He jokes about how he could write a whole book called "Life with my wife"!!

2. He is one of the hardest workers I know. He has some days he doesn't feel to good and he still gives it 100%! He would to anything to help any of his kids if they needed it!

1. He has a strong testimony of the gospel and is one of my best examples!

Dad has some great one liners here are a few of the classics:

"Just Yuck it up"
"Let it rub there mad spot"
"Now we're talk'en"
"Your crusen for a brusen!"
"You don't think ya coulda speeda things up"
"Long haired bed wetter"
"Your going to have to wear your life jacket to bed" (After my little broters would drink alot of water before bed!)

Thanks for all you do DAD!! Happy Fathers Day! We Love You!
P.S. I didn't get your present mailed so you will have to come visit to get it! :)

8 comments:

TinaBean said...

I like your top ten...you are right, our dad is the MAN! There just aren't enough truly genuine, honest and all around AWESOME guys anymore. Dad is one of a kind :).

Love ya dad!!

Tiffany said...

Oooooh that was so nice. Made me miss dad! He is such a great father! Your list was right on! We need to keep a list of all of his funny 1 liners. How about Tortilla? I know there are so many more. But yes dad, WE LOVE YOU!

Katy said...

You guys have an amazing dad. I had to laugh at some of the things you said, only because I know exactly what you are talking about. You are so blessed to have such a strong example of a loving earthly father.

tim and kellee said...

Hey Tracy! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog....I didn't think anybody looked at it!
Your baby is sooo cute. I love sneakin peaks at all of your families blogs, it's so fun to see everyone and hear about their lives. I'm glad your doing good! Can I put you on my blogging list?

Jordan and Barbara said...

Hey dont feel too sorry for my nephews they are big boys. Can you belive that Nate is 15 and driving. Anyway how are things? I would love to see more picts of your baby. I saw your family pictures on Tina's blog. They are cute, she does a cute job. You look great and happy.

Jordan and Barbara said...

To bad I have to be so old to get my teeth fixed. I did the trays, and they got a little sensitive, but not too bad. I would wear them at night to bed. I looked hot!

Emily T. said...

Wow, I think we saw your new bike trailer parked outside Jill's house tonight. Do you come all the way from Richmond? You're amazing! Do you put Thayne in his carseat & then in the trailer? I guess we'll have to try it that way sometime. The trailer should be way fun, and a great workout! Great post about your dad, we like how you call him to double check Cody.

angie said...

Hey Tracy, that was really sweet what you said about your dad!! I LOVE Father's day!! I don't know if you saw my comment on your previous post, but i would love to hear from you sometime!! www.lawsonupdate.blogspot.com Hope all is going good with your sweet family! See ya, Angie (Purcell) Lawson